Schlocker ..........

Anything that makes me tick and get a kick.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Dutch music a gogo : Iris Zegveld

"On her one and only release (on Relax records) Iris is backed by Short 66.It's the typical one-off recording so common for these teen-singers,who they were is almost impossible to track down.But what we have here is one of the most charming records of it's kind.For a big part it's because of the nice sparse arrangement by Short 66 but it's also the lyrics and the beautiful voice of Iris.It was released in 1966."(Andy Warhoofd/From the kitchen to the garage-edit)(Oh and that's not Iris pictured on the left!)

Ik ken je beter,Peter (in Dutch)

file will be hosted approx. 7 days

7 Comments:

  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Bruno said…

    Hi Roar,glad you like!Mix-tape for qqf is almost finished :)

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A really nice little record with lots of charm and a decent female singer too.
    Is there any chance of getting some Tonia songs on your site or even re listing a few of your old ones?
    Thanks very much for the music and info on your site.

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Bruno said…

    Hi,glad you ask,I'll be putting some more Tonia up soon! :)

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Davecat said…

    I admittedly didn't think a lot of this song from the start, but I knew it had grown on me, as I was whistling it incessantly at work today!

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Dansmoncafe said…

    Hey Bruno! I've posted a new link

     
  • At 5:39 AM, Blogger Bruno said…

    So davecat,whistling at work! :)
    And thanks Sofie for the new link!

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I found this song in a compilation that a friend gave me and have really loved it for some time. Is there any way that you could post the lyrics? I would be so grateful.f

     

Post a Comment

<< Home