Schlocker ..........

Anything that makes me tick and get a kick.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Singaporean music a gogo : Lara

Singaporean yé-yé girl Lara used to be backed by The Trailers,not sure if she's here as the record not clearly states it.She seems to have made several ep's (with The Trailers as well as solo).As modcentric pointed out,it seems Nancy Sinatra's music was a strong influence among a lot of asian singers in the 60's, so that would explain this one.Seems her records are extremely rare (foreign collectors bought them all?).

Sugar town

file will be hosted approx. 7 days

5 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Bruno
    Just to let you know this track is Unchain My Heart not Sugartown (It would be nice if you had Sugartown though)
    YEYEOHYEAH

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Bruno said…

    Hi yeyeohyeah,
    errrr,this is sugar town as far as I know.Don't know where you heard unchain my heart?
    I checked the link and yes it's all sugar...
    :s

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Bruno said…

    Hi again yeyeohyeah,
    guess you followed the link to modcentric's site,who's posted a cover of "unchain my heart" and that's what started all the confusion...
    Now just click the "sugar town" link in my post! :)

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry Bruno
    Indeed it was me who got their knickers in a twist and got it wrong(how dare i doubt you)
    Anyway i have it now and its great.
    Cheers mate.
    YEYEOHYEAH

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Bruno said…

    Hi yeyeohyeah,no problem,not the first time I got them in a twist as well...
    ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home