Schlocker ..........

Anything that makes me tick and get a kick.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Cuban music a gogo : Las Hermanas Benitez

The 3 Benitez sisters usually performed on live tv shows and were pretty popular it seems.Their records are a mix of more traditional latin as well as yé-yé sounds.There's a double cd compilation currently available (Hermanas Benítez. Todos sus éxitos en España en discos Discophon (1964-1967) BLANCO Y NEGRO MUSIC, SA BLA05364, 2 CD).

Baila ye-yé
Estas botas son para caminar
files will be hosted for a limited time

6 Comments:

  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Dansmoncafe said…

    Thank you so much for the link Bruno.. I can't believe I havn't got more comments on my interview..!! I know Jacqueline is reading them :)

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Bruno said…

    Hi ale,you're more than welcome! :)
    Hi Sofie,no prob,ooh now the cat is out of the bag! Everybody will be posting comments now! ;)

     
  • At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bruno, nice to see Baila Ye-Ye (I also thought of posting it!) and to hear the Boots cover.

    Lush: fine article. Tempted to be read by Jacqueline.

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Bruno said…

    Hi Alan,glad you are enjoying! :)

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bruno, Congrats on a wonderful site! I lived in Europe for a while, but I haven't seen any of this music available here in the U.S. Thank you for introducing me to it again. I look forward to seeing some Italian and Norwegian a gogo again, I discovered your site after those links had expired. Best wishes, vgeddie

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Bruno said…

    Hi vgeddie,nice to see you here and thanks for your comment,just let me know if you'd like a repost of something and I'll see what I can do! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home