Schlocker ..........

Anything that makes me tick and get a kick.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

French music a gogo : Evy

Born in Angers,French yé-yé girl/rocker Evy (Evelyne Verrechia) recorded her first ep in 1963.Her first ep's were typical yé-yé but she loved rock 'n' roll and could be found very often at the Golf Drouot,the Paris rock 'n' roll temple.Her rock sound made her very popular on "Salut les copains".She also paid hommage to Elvis with a cover of "Ain't that lovin' you baby","Quel merveilleux souvenir Johnny".Evy wrote almost all her own lyrics and became a very energetic rocker with a strong voice and some clever arrangements.She opened for The Who,The Kinks,The Rolling Stones,The Beatles and The Animals."I never felt stage-fright,I am,what it’s called “a stage animal!“ Stage is home to me! In the 60’s the audiences would throw all kinds of vegetables on stage,specially tomatoes,and eggs,or whistle you off…That never happened to me,on the contrary,they would throw me little dolls, fluffies or flowers".The labels Barclay/Rivièra released 5 singles and ep's in France and 2 in Canada.She had already recorded a single in Italian (on Messaggerie Musicale) with famous French composer Ivan Jullien and performed in Italy "I made my first TV show in Italy at Campione d’Italia with Gianni Ravera,in 1965,dressed Mary Quant,I wore the first mini-skirt in the Italien TV and received Gina Lollobriggida’s compliments",when she and her family (who were Italian) moved to Rome.There she made 2 more singles in Italian (both RCA),one of them "Domani il mondo sarà nelle nostre mani" produced by her brother Albert and accompanied by his group "Les Lemons".She moved to London in 1969 (what a girl!) and over there continued to work with the top musicians.Nowadays Evy is what we call a real cosmopolite (citizen of the world) and she keeps recording and performing it seems! Way to go Evy!

Quel genre de fille (new/better quality)
Une question qui se pose
Domani il mondo sarà nelle nostre mani (in Italian)

Update:
thanks to Italianbeat I can now also offer you all the a-side of her first single on RCA Italy:Evy's cover of "Keep on running" with lyrics written by her to fit the "beat" period...
L'abito non fà il beatnik (in Italian)

files will be hosted for a limited time

I've installed comment notification since I've been getting a lot of comments on older posts that I was unaware of,so now you can post comments on older posts and I'll be notified... ;)

3 Comments:

  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Ron. said…

    Thanks for some very nice music again.
    I can't get enough of these nice ladies.

    Ronald.

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, enough with the girls and kittens already! Just kidding, as I love ladies and beasts that purr. Keep 'em coming, big guy.

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Bruno said…

    Hi Ronald,glad you are enjoying,more soon!
    Hi Ion,I was sure somebody would notice that kitten thing! :)
    I'll keep 'em coming!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home